Below I share what I believe to be 10 very vital points that I believe everyone should take note of when we consider the subject of judging.
Kindly note that they are mine and could be edited (points could be added and/or removed). I’m not saying that this is all you need. I’m saying that this could be helpful to you as a Christian.
1. Never judge based on outward appearances alone – John 7:24, 1 Sam. 16:7.
2. Never condemn to Hell one who still has the possibility of getting saved – 2 Pet. 3:9, John 3:17; 10:10.
3. Only proceed to take out the speck in your brother’s eye after you have removed the plank in yours – Matt. 7:5.
4. Always turn to the Bible to rebuke and correct – 2 Tim. 3:16, Heb. 4:12.
5. Never place personal revelations above God’s written word.
6. Never seek to condemn a brother found in sin or in error, rather seek to restore – Gal. 6:1-2.
7. Never forget that you are human and also prone to falling; hence, correct with love – Luke 6:31.
8. Be careful when judging matters not explicitly found in Scripture. Not everything is worth judging – Rom. 14:1-13.
9. Always defend the rights of the poor and needy; never allow injustice prevail – James 1:27, Prov. 31:9.
10. Never forget that outside God’s grace, you’re no better than the chiefest of sinners – 1 Cor. 15:10, 1 Tim. 1:15.
© Eleazar Maduka, 2017